CBD Users Landmark Study | Who is using CBD and Why?
Project CBD just released a CBD Users Landmark Study presenting the results from over 3,500 people demographics and usage documenting Who is using CBD and Why? As a result from this base of respondents, the typical CBD user is white, over 45, well-educated, female and living in the USA. Notably, the two most common CBD uses are for Pain and Anxiety. Not surprisingly, correlating to woman’s conditions for this demographic segment.
Hemp CBD most popular
So, participants were more likely to be using CBD from hemp rather than cannabis. Notably, tending to favor CBD tinctures and topicals versus vaping and edibles. While typically used CBD products multiple times per day and used more than one type of product. Often a CBD oil tincture with a topical cream.
While few participants were able to say how much CBD they were taking. Unfortunately, suggesting an urgent need for both better product labeling and consumer education. Almost half of the participants had been using CBD for under six months.
What Are People Using CBD For?
As above, most participants reported using CBD to alleviate pain. Specifically particularly inflammatory pain and to improve mood and sleep.
So, around 10% reported using CBD products to treat severe, debilitating, treatment-resistant conditions. In addition, the responses including brain injuries, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, autism spectrum disorder, Parkinson’s disease, and Alzheimer’s disease.
Important Findings from this CBD Users Landmark Study
- CBD for Pain: Most participants taking CBD for pain indicated that they got meaningful relief. Most significant though was CBD’s impact on the perception of pain intensity reporting a 60% decrease in intensity.
- CBD for Sleep: Participants taking CBD for sleep were more likely to report having problems staying asleep than getting to sleep. Participants reported that CBD helped them get to sleep more quickly, reducing the average time from about an hour to 20 minutes.
- CBD for Anxiety, Depression & Other Mood Disorders: Almost 90% of participants using CBD for a mood disorder reported that they had anxiety. For most, anxiety went hand-in-hand with depression. Participants reported that CBD had a significant effect as both an anti-anxiety agent and anti-depressant.
- Other issues with various levels of positive responses:
- Hormonal Issues
- Gastrointestinal (GI) Diseases
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Alcoholism / Addiction:
- Brain Injury
This is a landmark study. So, if you are considering using CBD for any of these conditions, you can access the full study here.
Search on Catnip Bill
Recently Viewed Products
- Catnip Bill CBD Skin Cream 4oz $ 41.00